Monday, January 11, 2010

A fathers tale...


Name - Robert...loved ones call me Bob...
Age - 32, single / Writer...
Dream - to save a life...
Ambition - spread a message...

She came into my life when she was five...
her tiny hands clinging onto mine...
her eyes where full of questions....
hope, anxiety, fear...a mixture of everything...
She got close to me..an inseparable part of my life...

She grew..bold and beautiful...
time had no limits...
at the blink of an eye...she was 18...
she flew high...she was everything a father could ask for...
she made me the proudest person ever...

One day she said 'Papa i wanna go in search of my dreams'...
I said nothing...I let her go...
I had expected nothing and given my all...
Isn't that what love is all about..'Letting go & giving your everything'...
She left and i felt abandoned...

Days became weeks...weeks became months...and months became years...

One pleasant morning...as i got back from my morning walk..
a very familiar smell was in my hall way...
I didn't want to jump into conclusions...so i waited
There she was...the most beautiful thing in my life...
My sweet Emily...all grown up...

She hugged me and kissed me on my forehead...
'Welcome back'...is all i could say...
I greeted her into our old home...
Her face lit up with the smell of baked muffins...
She ran to the kitchen and grabbed some...
mmmmmmm...is all i could hear...a smile was stamped on my face...

Suddenly, i heard a bell...
What was this...annoying sound...

I woke up to the alarm...Alas it was all a dream...
my heart broke into a thousand pieces...

the news on the radio killed me...

'There was a horrible accident at Edmond this morning. A young girl named Emily Robinson aged, 21 was found dead...'

I couldn't hear anything else after that...


Name - Robert
Age - 48,Single / writer
Dream - to meet Emily
Ambition - none

The above note was found next to the body of Mr. Robert. He committed suicide on the day his daughter passed away.

|Case closed.|

My comment:

'If you love something, Let it go.
If it comes back to you. It is yours.
Else it never was'

In this story i leave it to the readers....

No comments:

Post a Comment